Wednesday, February 11, 2009

“I don’t enjoy being treated like a pansy.”

That’s what Grandma V. said to her physical therapist this morning. She’s a tough broad.

Portland has been tiring, but fun. It is so different from Michigan, in a million ways. For example:

People actually use public transportation.

You don’t have to pay to park at the hospital’s parking structure.

There are Obama stickers EVERYWHERE. I’ve only seen one for McCain/Palin.

The whole vibe is different. I’ve been known to describe it using the word “granola” -- affectionately, of course. Also, the fact that we’re in an actual city rather than suburbs is weird and new for me. (Sorry, downtown Detroit, I’m just not that into you.)

I’ve been taking a lot of photos with my camera phone. Maybe I’ll put up a slideshow when we get back.

No comments: