Friday, November 6, 2009

"Glenn is a regular guy,
and regular Americans like thrillers." 

I don't watch Fox News and I don't care for Glenn Beck. The above quote from a New York Times article I read today kind of makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little.

That being said, the article was about Beck featuring authors on his Fox News show and it was pretty interesting. Apparently, he's a voracious suspense reader himself and recommends suspense novels on his TV and radio shows as well as on his website and in e-mail newsletters. When interviewing authors, Beck discusses their books but also relates their writing back to the issues that he's featuring on the show. All in all, it sounds pretty cool.

I don't think I'll be tuning in, but if any of you enjoy suspense novels and don't object to Beck's showmanship, maybe he has some good recommendations for you. It sounds like he's well on his way to becoming the Oprah of suspense readers. Although Glenn's Book Club doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

No comments: